We welcome you to our Web Design and Development Contest sponsored by the World Organization of Webmasters and SkillsUSA. As you know, this competition is being held in Atlanta, GA the week of June 19, 2023.
Contest overview document
During our orientation session on June 20, 2023, we mentioned a high level overview. This is the document we ask you to review prior to the start of your competition.
This information may change, but we tentatively show these times and locations for our web design and development competitions.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2023. 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Eastern Time). GWCC Building B – room B 311.Mandatory training session and panel discussion concerning careers in web design and development.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023. 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time). GWCC Exhibit Hall B. High school competition.
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023. 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Eastern Time).
- Building B – room B 311 High school debriefing.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023. 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time). GWCC Exhibit Hall B. Post-secondary competition.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023. 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Eastern Time).
- Building B – room B 311 Post-secondary debriefing.
Don’t forget to use these hashtags when posting on social media about your experience (we encourage you to use both of these tags).
#4WebPro and #WebDesignContest
We will be posting our own photos during the competition. Most will be found at our Instagram feed. We will also be updating our competition carousel of photos (before, during, and after the competitions). Some will be featured here. We may also include links to videos taken during the competition.
Of course, we want to see your photos and insights (and some may win a prize for their social media posts). These are the feeds we will be using during our week in Atlanta (yes, we know there are many social media platforms, but these are the ones we will use). We encourage you to let us know when you post elsewhere.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/webprofessionals
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-professionals-global/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/webprofessionalsglobal/
- Mastodon – https://mastodon.social/@webprofessionals
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/webprofessionals/
- Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/webprofessionals
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/webproglobal
Here are some of our favorite photos from our competition. We encourage you to return to this gallery during the week as we plan to post many more photos here.
We could not do this alone. We appreciate all who have volunteered their time to help make this competition a success.
Onsite Web Professionals Global Team
- Steve Waddell (Director of Education)
- Jonathan Worent
- David Jackson
- Bryce Hickson
- Vikki Baptiste
- Mark DuBois (Executive Director)
Professional/ Career Panel Discussion Members
Many thanks to these practicing professionals who have taken time from their busy schedules to be with us in Atlanta on Tuesday. We appreciate the insights and advice you share with competitors and their advisors.
- Utkarsh Sharma
- Sunita Sharma
- Dahab Hagos
- Shan Thomas
- Jessica Murphy
- Angel McCurdy
SkillsUSA Nationals membership special
We want to reward all SkillsUSA attendees with our professional-level membership for a special price. Click the button below to invest in your future and become part of our international organization.
The answer is Yes. For all of you who took advantage of the SkillsUSA discount last year, you are welcome to take advantage of this yearly special and renew now.
Members are also encouraged to contact our membership coordinator to learn about establishing a local chapter of Web Professionals Global.